Really Spooky Behaviour

Shalini Sabnani workflow.mail at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 11:20:07 EST 2009

Hello Folks
We have been using deadline escalation on our workflows for SC approval for
years.

I have configured the "Latest Start" deadline such that if a WI is not
started to process in 7 days it will become obsolete.
The next step in workflow is a container operations which assigns an element
"ZFirstagent" from the container to another element called "Deadline" ("
Deadline = Zfirstagent").

Zfirstagent has the userid of the approver who had been initially selected
to approver the shopping cart

I will then call a role resolution function and pass element Deadline to
this function call so that I get the next level up for Zfirstagent, a
workitem will be assigned to this next level up agent for approval. This was
working accurately for the past 8 years.

Recently I have a noticed a really spooky behaviour. The container operation
of " Deadline = Zfirstagent" is assigning a very different value to the
element Deadline. This is not the actual contains of the ZFIRSTAGENT, in
fact this value in not to be found anywhere in the task container and/or the
workflow container.

We have recently applied support packs to our SRM 5.00 system as attached.
The closest note I could find on the subject is  Note 1325541 - Deadline
monitoring: Agent determination ignores defaul
rule<https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1325541> which
is not exactly relevant.

Any thoughts or suggestions you may have are welcome.
Thanks
Shalini