In reference with an earlier question of problems with extended notifications (HTTP error 403)

Stefaan Vermeulen stefaan.vermeulen at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 11:16:45 EDT 2009

Hi,

Previously I encountered via the possible logs & SWN test program just a
message that no messages were sent.
Altough the config. was confirmed to be OK by some users of this group.
I had some more time to get to the bottom of it (debug SWN_SELSEN_TEST).

Last time I stranded at the error from call function SWN_CALL_BSP that gave
an error.
Since I do not use BSP I didn't put to much attention to it.

I went a bit deeper into it and saw that the function is used to call up a
service I presume to create a message content.
I found a OSSnote 603624  related to http client 403 forbidden error.
Since I'm on a new ECC6 in development it is possible that these services
are not all set to active, what indeed is the case, I could check with
/nSICF.

*/default_host/sap/bc/bsp/sap/swn_message1*

My question is 3 way's; Can someone conform this that even without using
BSP, this service has to be active?
What does this service exactly do  ?
Is it enough to activate only this service

Kr,Stefaan.