10 minute delay

Miller, Jerry Jerry.Miller at NOVELLUS.com
Tue Mar 17 12:01:54 EDT 2009

	Workflow'ers

	In the email below Mike stated "the RFC batch job sometimes has to pick up the baton...."

	What is the name of the "RFC batch job"?

	Here is my issue, we are upgrading from 4.6C to ECC6. I have a workflow that starts in the background
	and in my 4.6C system it starts immediately but in the ECC6 system there is a 10 minute delay and
	seems to be tied to the batch job SWWERRE.

	What do I need to do to get the workflow to start immediately in the ECC6 system?

	tks,
	Jerry

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Gambier [mailto:madgambler at hotmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, January 14, 2007 5:06 AM
To: sap-wug at mit.edu
Subject: Re: Workflow steps remaining in ready state for long

Hi Ashish,

That sounds like a typical 'Workflow is broken' issue.

I suggest you look at your Workflow services, the background jobs, to see what's happening. After all SWEQSRV (events), SWWDHEX (deadlines) and SWWERRE (exceptions) essentially are Workflow, although the RFC batch job sometimes has to pick up the baton occasionally.

So if nothing's happening, check if the jobs are still scheduled (SWEQADM and SWU3 will give you clues but don't always tell the truth) and look in the batch log to see how they have been performing (if at all) recently.

Sometimes Basis Teams (or whoever schedules the jobs) forget to re-schedule them when a system is bounced. But sometimes they can also terminate of their own accord because of feedback errors.

Mike GT