Developing SRM Workflows

Zack P sapedi2000 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 16 10:10:43 EDT 2009

Hello All,

We are just implementing SRM 7.0 and I am looking for following help:

• In SRM , Business Objects (BUS2201 - PO, BUS2121 - SCart, etc) do not have display/change/edit methods implemented. Any insight into why these methods are not implemented?
• To display/edit PO, what business object/method can be used?
• Should custom tasks/workflows be based on WebDynpro or can I directly call a transaction code/dialog screen etc? Or can both technologies be used with appropriate settings made in SWFVISU/portal?
• Are settings in SWFVISU done for every Task developed by the developer? Is this followed by UWL Administrator refreshing the system every time?

Any insight into how creating a workflow in SRM is different from creating workflow in ECC would be very helpful.

Thanks,
Zack