Migration from SAP 4.7 to ECC 6.0

Mike Gambier madgambler at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 14 08:55:31 EDT 2009

Hi,We did not rebuild our WFs as most of the 'old' tables that we cared about were kept in ECC 6, and we have survived with only a few problems that were fixable. So it can be done if you choose to do so, we're the proof of that :)You need to consider your use of multi-line container tables (new &ParForEach& syntax), fixed date constants used in bindings (there's a bug with unicode parsing that can be fixed in the builder) and also tweak the odd dummy node here and there. Oh, and apply quite a few OSS Notes n the way! Don't worry, the Workflow Gods have put together a very handy OSS Note that explains a lot of these issues. I don't recall the number off-hand but it's easy to find.But you also need to consider the 'new' stuff coming along with ECC 6 that might make your old stuff redundant.Bear in mind the new container table options coming in and the new locking profile options too.Mike GT