Why are 'exporting' parameters NOT passed back from an OO method to the workflow?

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Wed Mar 11 17:13:59 EDT 2009

Hi Paul,
Well I can only assume you are calling the method as a "functional method" in a binding instead of in a task or is your task Asynchronous?

If you call it as a functional method, e.g. in a binding, then only the returning parameter would be passed back as a functional method call by definition only returns a single result.

If you call a method in a class all exporting parameters will be passed back (so long as the task is Synchronous of course and you have matching container elements in the task) and I have never had a problem with this in any release/support pack.

By definition Asynchronous tasks do not return a result directly - only via terminating events.

So suggest you check how you have made the call and your settings on the task.  If you are doing an explicit method/task binding, I would suggest instead that you use the implicit task binding - let the task container be generated from the class/method so that all parameters are passed by identical name.

Hope that helps.
Regards,
Jocelyn