Migration from SAP 4.7 to ECC 6.0

Paul.Bakker@osr.treasury.qld.gov.au Paul.Bakker at osr.treasury.qld.gov.au
Wed Mar 11 00:54:44 EDT 2009

Hi,

We are going through exactly the same exercise at the moment. We chose to
simply reimplement the workflows.

It was not a tough decision because:
(1) we don't have that many workflows (about a dozen)
(2) they are not that complex
(3) the underlying objects / DDIC elements had to be re-implemented anyway,
in our brand new customer namespace.

I think that using transports would be a risky enterprise, as you would be
hardpressed to
ensure that _all_ dependent objects and config are transported at the same
time.
There are also ECC 6.0 compatibility issues to consider when transporting.

Hope this helps.

cheers
Paul

             Ibrahim Khan
             <ikhansap at gmail.c
             Sent by:                  "SAP Workflow Users' Group"
             sap-wug-bounces at m         <SAP-WUG at mit.edu>
             it.edu                                                     cc

                                                                   Subject
             11/03/2009 02:27          Re: Migration from SAP 4.7 to ECC
             PM                        6.0

             Please respond to
               "SAP Workflow
               Users' Group"