Tabs in UWL main page

Dabral Bhawanidutt bhawanidutt.dabral at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 00:33:05 EDT 2009

Hi, follow these steps.

1. Download and save the XML file:
mss.001 & mss.tra

2. Open the saved version and save the file with a new name:
com.sap.pct.erp.mss_new.001.zip com.sap.pct.erp.mss_new.tra.zip

Access the configuration file within the zip file and proceed to make
the following changes:
I would like you to navigate to the following place in your XML file:
========================================================================<!
Work Center UWL shows the same entries as Control Center UWL >
<NavigationNode name="root" view="" referenceGroup="">
========================================================================For
every navigation node that has a full path assigned I would like youto
delete up to and inclusive of the last full stop that is listed in
the node. Here is an example for you:

a) first node identified that fits the criterion above is:
<NavigationNode name="com.sap.pct.erp.mss.Main" view="">
<NavigationNode name="com.sap.pct.erp.mss.Alert" view="AlertsView"
referenceGroup="" referenceBundle="alerts">

CHANGE THIS TO:

<NavigationNode name="Main" view="">
<NavigationNode name="Alert"> *delete everything up to and inclusive of
the last full stop*
view="AlertsView" referenceGroup="" referenceBundle="alerts">

Continue this process until you get to the end of the file, then save
the xml file with a new name and upload this new file with Higher
priority than the system generated one and clear the UWL cache.
Also repeat the steps with the .tra file.

This is what is causing the issue. You are asking a wizard which expectsa
default definition for the Main navigation node but in all of your
XML's the Main node is defined with the full path. That is what is
causing the tabs in the Wizard not to be present. As the wizard does nothave
a reference, it will not display anything in the dropdown

Bhawanidutt