Problems with raising event for ABAP class

Tor Magne R fallenblake at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 15 09:36:56 EDT 2009

Hi everyone,

I am trying to raise an event for the ABAP class "CL_HRASR00_WF_PROCESS_OBJECT" and the event "TRIGGERED", but I only get an ABAP error message.

I am using the same code as Jocelyn in her blog:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/4089

All the parameters has been defined and set according to the import parameters in the method.

  Try.
      CALL METHOD CL_SWF_EVT_EVENT=>RAISE
        EXPORTING
          im_objcateg        = cl_swf_evt_event=>mc_objcateg_cl
          im_objtype         = lv_objtype
          im_event           = lv_event
          im_objkey          = lv_objkey
          im_event_container = lr_event_parameters
          .
    CATCH cx_swf_evt_invalid_objtype .
    CATCH cx_swf_evt_invalid_event .
  ENDTRY.

  COMMIT WORK.

When I debug in SE80, I can see that the system is failing in the following code:

Program: SAPLHRASR00_WF_UTILITIES

Function: HR_ASR_CHECK_EVENT

Code:

* Get instance for message handler
  CREATE OBJECT message_list.
  process_object_guid = sender-instid.

* Get instance for process object runtime
  CALL METHOD cl_hrasr00_process_runtime=>get_instance
    EXPORTING
      pobj_guid             = process_object_guid
      message_handler       = message_list
    IMPORTING
      instance_pobj_runtime = process_object_runtime
      is_ok                 = is_ok.
  ASSERT is_ok = if_hrasr00_process_constants=>true.
  ASSERT process_object_runtime IS NOT INITIAL.

The system is failing in the marked line.

Error message:

"Runtime Error: ASSERTION_FAILED"

"Short text: the ASSERT condition has been violated".

I would gladly appreciate any input on this matter.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Tor