SWWUSERWI filled with Wait Events steps duplicated for EVERY USER!

Mike Gambier madgambler at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 31 06:09:30 EST 2009

Mark,

Sounds to me like a Dialog Work Item that listens for a terminating event has either become a general task in terms of routing (i.e. it's going to everyone in the HR Org) or the agent determination for the step has failed and is not terminating, so again the WI is being routed to everybody.

If I were you I'd hunt for the Task of the WI and see if you can work out where it was supposed to go and why it hasn't gone there.

Mike GT

Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 17:25:38 +0000Subject: SWWUSERWI filled with Wait Events steps duplicated for EVERY USER!From: mark.pyc at gmail.comTo: sap-wug at mit.edu
G'day Wuggers,

A long time no nothing from me!

I've got a system where table SWWUSERWI is being filled with WAIT EVENT workitems duplicated for every user. This means that in a system with 10,000 users, 1 wait step in 1 workflow generates 10,000 items in this table. None of these relate to a user.

To put it in perspective this table has almost 18 million entries and around 100,000 of those relate to open Workitems assigned to users - well over 99% is rubbish. We have just gone through an upgrade and more than doubled the user base so this table is going to start growing even faster!

These entries are not removed when the Workflows are achived nor by running report RSWWWIDE_DEP

Has anyone else experienced this?

ECC 6.0 700 SAPKB70013

I do have an open customer message for this.

Have fun,Mark