ABAP OO - OBJECT NOT INSTANTIATED

Simon, Tom Simon.Tom at aoins.com
Wed Jan 14 09:56:46 EST 2009

I am using a method in a class(z_cl_liv_assets) that I created for a
workflow task.  The object does not get instantiated by the workflow.  I
have read all the blogs by Jocelyn Dart and wondered if anyone could
look over my structures and provide insight into why it does not work.
When I test the instant constructor and pass in the doc num and company
code it works. If I pass the import parameters directly to the method it
works.  But if I try to use the instant attributes it does not work
created by the constructor it does not work.
When I test the task in swus it does not instantiate the object?
Any help is apprecitated?

Thank you,

Tom Simon

Bindings in the task to class z_cl_liv_assets~retrieve_anek:

wf container   task container
docnum         -> im_belnr
company code   -> im_bukrs
ex_anek        <- ex_anek
z_cl_liv_assets <- wi_object_id

bindings from task to method retrieve_anek.

im_belnr to im_belnr
im_bukrs to im_bukrs

Class: z_cl_liv_assets;
Attributes:

 BELNR               InstanPubl         Type    ANEK-BELNR
 BUKRS               InstanPubl         Type    ANEK-BUKRS
 T_ANEK              InstanPubl         Type    FAA_T_ANEK
 M_POR               InstanProt         Type    SIBFLPOR
 GJAHR               InstanPubl         Type    ANEK-GJAHR

 Methods:

Parameters:
LPOR Importing Type SIBFLPOR
RESULT Returning Type Ref To BI_PERSISTENT

  METHOD bi_persistent~find_by_lpor.

  DATA: lv_liv_doc TYPE anek-belnr,
        lv_liv_co  TYPE anek-bukrs.

  MOVE lpor-instid(10)     TO lv_liv_doc.
  MOVE lpor-instid+10(4)   TO lv_liv_co.

  CREATE OBJECT result
    TYPE
      z_cl_liv_assets
    EXPORTING
      im_belnr        = lv_liv_doc
      im_bukrs        = lv_liv_co.

ENDMETHOD.

  Parameters:RESULT Returning Type SIBFLPOR
   METHOD bi_persistent~lpor.

  DATA: lpor TYPE sibflpor.

  lpor-catid = 'CL'.
  lpor-typeid = 'Z_CL_LIV_ASSETS'.
  CONCATENATE me->belnr me->bukrs INTO lpor-instid.
  result = lpor.
ENDMETHOD.

parameters:
IM_BELNR Type ANEK-BELNR
IM_BUKRS Type ANEK-BUKRS
  METHOD constructor.
  me->belnr = im_belnr.
  me->bukrs = im_bukrs.
  me->M_por-catid = 'CL'.
  me->M_por-typeid = 'z_cl_liv_assets'.
  CONCATENATE me->belnr me->bukrs INTO me->M_por-instid.
*  me->m_por-instid = me->belnr.

ENDMETHOD.
Parameters:
EX_ANEK Exporting Type FAA_T_ANEK