Container Serialization/Buffering

Elisabeta Brown elisabetabrown499 at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 13 13:12:16 EST 2009

Hi All!

Recently we have started getting runtime errors of the SYSTEM_NO_SHM_MEMORY type
when running periodic job for updating the shared memory area in our CRM system.

After checking OSS Note 1232973 have  understood that our only solution for now is to either switch off the buffering of container definitions in shared memory or change "abap/shared_objects_size_MB" to a higher value (SWPA) . At the moment we can’t change anything in the system due to patching exercise and therefore the only option is to switch off the buffering.
My question is, will the Container Serialization Using XSLT be affected if we switch off the buffering or this will be carried out as normal? And also, how will the performance be affected by switching off the buffering, although if I understand right this is not taking place anyway as it short dumps.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
Elisabeta