Deadline Monitoring on Weekends and Holidays

Ananth write2ananth at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 23:10:12 EST 2009

Hi Judy,

Just to add to Rick's reply. You can also think of creating a new
method with the following piece of code and pass this deadline date
into your workflow and give this date as the deadline date.

data: lv_deadline_date type sy-datum,
      lv_cur_date      type sy-datum,
      lv_langu         type sy-langu value 'E',
      lv_day_name      type t246-langt.

lv_cur_date = sy-datum.

* Get the week day name

Call function 'ISH_GET_WEEKDAY_NAME'
  Exporting
	data      = lv_cur_date
	language  = lv_language

  Importing
	longtext  = lv_day_name

  Exceptions
	calendar_id = 1
	date_error  = 2
	not_found   = 3
	wrong_input = 4
	others	    = 5.

* if function call is not successfull or if the day is not a friday,
add 1 day to the
* current date to get the deadline date

clear lv_deadline_date.

if sy-subrc <> 0 or lv_day_name <> 'Friday'.
lv_deadline_date = lv_cur_Date + 1.
else.

* if the current day is friday, then add 3 days to get the deadline
date as that of next monday

lv_deadline_date = lv_cur_Date + 3.

endif.

swc_set_element container 'DeadlineDate' lv_deadline_date.

Regards
Ananth