ECC 6.0: Issues With Header Event to cancel Workflow

Sheldon Oxenberg soxenber at csc.com
Mon Feb 23 16:35:21 EST 2009

Alternative to putting a wait step (eg  requested start deadline of 1
minute in a dummy step) just before the end of the workflow,
you might also try putting a "wait for event" step (eg  the same PO
Released event) just before the end of the workflow.

Regards,
SHELDON OXENBERG
CSC

             Rick Bakker
             <rbakker at gmail.co
             Sent by:                  "SAP Workflow Users' Group"
             sap-wug-bounces at m         <sap-wug at mit.edu>
             it.edu                                                     cc

                                                                   Subject
             02/23/2009 04:10          Re: ECC 6.0: Issues With Header
             PM                        Event to cancel Workflow

             Please respond to
               "SAP Workflow
               Users' Group"
             <sap-wug at mit.edu>

Ramki,

If I understand correctly, the last step in your workflow creates an
event which will terminate that very same instance of the workflow.

You say that "the WF is complete by the time the system tries to
process the terminating event" and also "the errors occurs only when
the event is raised by the Workflow step (which calls the PO release
BAPI)."

Although you said in your first post that you didn't detect any
locking conflicts, that seems to me to be the most likely cause here -
both the event and the workflow itself (finishing normally) are trying
to terminate the workflow instance at the same time and that could
lead to the workflow being placed in a state such that even
subsequently generated Released events will have a problem.

Is there any way to call that BAPI so it doesn't generate the Released
event?

Have you considered putting a wait step (eg requested start deadline
of 1 minute in a dummy step) just before the end of the workflow?

regards
Rick Bakker
Hanabi Technology

On 2/23/09, Ramki Maley <rmaley at erpworkflow.com> wrote:
> Rick, the errors occurs only when the event is raised by the Workflow
> step (which calls the PO release BAPI).
>
> Regards,
> Ramki.
>
> Rick Bakker wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > If I understand correctly, this error only occurs sometimes. Is there
> > any link that you've noticed between the cases where it happens? Does
> > it only happen when the event is generated outside the workflow, for
> > example?
> >
> > regards
> > Rick Bakker
> > Hanabi Technology
> >
> > On 2/21/09, Morris, Eddie <eddie.morris at sap.com> wrote:
> >> Hi Ramki,
> >>
> >> Since it is standard the parameter START_RECFB_SYNCHRON will not be
> >> used, just sometimes in custom code the parameter is set by accident
so
> >> I thought it might be worth a try.
> >>
> >> Using the event queue sounds like the best option here.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Eddie

Behalf