[LIKELY JUNK]Doubt regarding extended notifications

Griffiths, Mark mark.griffiths at sap.com
Mon Feb 16 06:00:17 EST 2009

The confusion here is that two separate tools use the same configuration and there is an overlap on jobs:

Extended Notifications to send e-mails about workitems uses config in SWNADMIN or SWNCONFIG and job SWN_SELSEN.

Delta Pull is an OPTIONAL mechanism to improve the performance of the UWL.  This uses job RSWNUWLSEL to create entries in SWNCONFIG which are then picked up by job RSWNUWLSEL subsequently running.  This job needs to be scheduled (the userid is not important in my experience, but the frequency is) to enable registration of the UWL for delta pull (not mandatory).

If you want to use both mechanisms then your extended notification config stays the same. The difference is that SWN_SELSEN can pick up the config for delta pull too, so you only need to have this scheduled (as per the documented help).  Problem with this is that UWL registration may then fail.  If this happens I create dummy jobs for RSWNUWLSEL to fool the delta pull registration process.

Hope this clarifies things!

Mark

SAP UK