[LIKELY JUNK]Re: URL to execute a WI

Andy Curtis abcurtis at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 17:09:58 EST 2009

Thanks Jocelyn

I moved to the Extended Notifications approach and got the wrong end of the
stick from the SAP help.  When I say the title 'Using Extended Notifiactions
and the UWL' (
http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/EN/d5/581ee8d56f1247bf34cfcd66d16d81/frameset.htm
)
I jumped to the conclusion it would add a hyperlink to an email to take the
user to the UWL.  I realised my mistake today when I read the blog posting.

I will look again at the Subscription parameters and the General settings,
thanks .... Andy

On 2/12/09, Dart, Jocelyn <jocelyn.dart at sap.com> wrote:

>  Andy - No one should be using the Auto Forward approach regardless of
> whether you are using RSWUWFML2 or SWNCONFIG/SWN_SELSEN.  If you use
> transaction SO16 to set the flag "Send to user's home address" then it will
> take the default communication type and address in SU01 generally for all
> workflow mails including RSWUWFML2.  And of course in SWNCONFIG you have a
> greater degree of control by setting the email address source priorities in
> General Settings.
>
> Also in General Settings you set up the URL link to go directly to the UWL
> Inbox.  This is the best practice approach as it encourages users to look at
> all the work that is there for them rather than do some/ignore some.  You
> can get links directly to the work item application using the couple of host
> parameters in the General Settings e.g. for tasks with visualization entries
> in  SWFVISU.
>
> What links are displayed depends on the Subscription Parameters you have
> specified in SWNCONFIG.
>
> So basically you need to do more configuration. And in any case if you have
> SWNCONFIG/SWN_SELSEN please don't use the older RSWUWFML2.
>
> Also RSWNUWLSEL is part of the UWL Delta Pull setup - it is NOT there to
> send standard email notifications - you need to set up a separate
> configuration as per the blog that was sent through yesterday by Karl Nietz.
>

> Hope that helps.
> Regards,
> Jocelyn

Andy Curtis