Binding issues after transport to production

Carolyn Fuller fuller at MIT.EDU
Thu Feb 12 12:01:27 EST 2009

Jocelyn,

> But I think the main thing you need to check is that the XML container
> approach is being used equally across all environments - it's possible
> the setting was changed in the workflow admin in your DEV and QA
> environments but not production and that could create ongoing
> problems.

The Persistence Profile is set to Compatibility mode in DEV, QA and
Production for the problem workflow template. This setting corresponds
to the setting Structure persistence. If we convert to XML Persistence
I'm assuming a lot of custom code will need to be modified.

I can see doing this on an " as needed" basis but I will need to build
a persuasive business case to convert all our existing workflow
templates to XML Persistence.

Boy, the enhancement due into production before the end of this month
just got a whole lot bigger!

---
Carolyn Fuller
Massachusetts Institute of Technology