Binding issues after transport to production

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Wed Feb 11 19:25:41 EST 2009

Carolyn,

You do have to be cognisant that not everything in a workflow is version
dependent - particularly the workflow container.  So if you are already
generating versions and doing the other stuff correctly as you seem to
be doing, you need to think about how you are approaching changes to the
container in particular and any other non-version-dependent areas such
as event linkage.

In particular you should not delete container elements that are no
longer to be used - better to change their description to "Do Not Use"

Also if you have change the structure underlying a container element you
may need to be careful.  If possible, it might be worth considering
creating a new container element.

If your changes are significant you should also consider the option of
creating a new workflow template and retiring the old workflow template
by deactivating the event linkage to the old template - this will still
let old instances run through to completion.

Hope that helps in your thinking...

Regards,
Jocelyn