Extended Notifications

Miller, Jerry Jerry.Miller at NOVELLUS.com
Wed Feb 11 17:16:25 EST 2009

 	Rick,

	You guessed what I really wanted to do perfectly. All I really
wanted to do was add more
	Tasks to the existing filter but was not sure that was allowed.

	I have added more Tasks to the filter and it working fine!

	Thanks so much for the help!

	-Jerry

-----Original Message-----
From: sap-wug-bounces at mit.edu [mailto:sap-wug-bounces at mit.edu] On Behalf
Of Rick Bakker
Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2009 1:01 PM
To: SAP Workflow Users' Group
Subject: Re: Extended Notifications

Hello,

As I see it:
Extended Notifications has two distinct sections, almost independent of
each other: Selection and Delivery.

Filters are part of the Selection process, deciding which workitems to
select for notification (eg based on Task), and how often this should be
done.

Subscriptions are part of the Delivery process, deciding who
notifications should be sent to, how they should be formatted, and how
often they should be delivered.

So, to answer your question, you can't add filters to subscriptions,
they're not directly linked.

To use another filter, you would have to create another Schedule
Selection, and specify how often it should be run, and on what days and
times. The existing Delivery Schedule will deliver these notifications
as well, or you may choose to create an additional Delivery Schedule to
better match your new selection schedule.

Please, someone correct me if I've got it wrong!

If I may ask: what sort of filter do you wish to add?
If you just want to add an additional task that needs to be picked up,
you could simply add it to the existing filter.

regards
Rick Bakker
Hanabi Technology