Extended Notifications

Rick Bakker rbakker at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 16:01:20 EST 2009

Hello,

As I see it:
Extended Notifications has two distinct sections, almost
independent of each other: Selection and Delivery.

Filters are part of the Selection process, deciding
which workitems to select for notification (eg based on Task),
and how often this should be done.

Subscriptions are part of the Delivery process, deciding
who notifications should be sent to, how they should be formatted,
and how often they should be delivered.

So, to answer your question, you can't add filters to
subscriptions, they're not directly linked.

To use another filter, you would have to create another
Schedule Selection, and specify how often it should be
run, and on what days and times. The existing Delivery
Schedule will deliver these notifications as well, or
you may choose to create an additional Delivery Schedule
to better match your new selection schedule.

Please, someone correct me if I've got it wrong!

If I may ask: what sort of filter do you wish to add?
If you just want to add an additional task that needs to
be picked up, you could simply add it to the existing filter.

regards
Rick Bakker
Hanabi Technology