RFC Communication Error between Two SAP System

Metin Cansan mcansan at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 04:11:46 EST 2009

Dear friends,

I would like to ask a question to you about workflow customizing. Problem is
that we decide to use SAP Workflow in order to minimize paper work done by
clerks. Since our ERP system is an old version of SAP, 4.6, it's decided to
configure all workflow activities on BI system. We use RFC to communicate
these two systems. For example, once a task is triggered on ERP system, such
as PO Approval, workflow starts on the BI system and all activities are
completed on BI system. The result, approval or refusal, is transferred to
ERP system. As per date we used to use a dummy user, ALEREMOTE, between two
systems. As a result of this at changed document of PO, approval or
refusal's name is displayed as ALEREMOTE. Since management wanted to see who
has approved or rejected PO with related user name we have configured our
system as mentioned in SAP Note 128447.

The problem is that if I execute decision through SAP Inbox, process is
successfully completed and transferred to ERP system such as approval or
refusal. But when I execute decision through Outlook, process is not
accurately completed although a new task appears on Outlook with the name of
"*PO Batch*" which is not configured in any task of workflow. Until I
execute this "PO Batch" task through SAP Inbox, process is accurately
completed and transferred to ERP system.

Finally has arrived the question, how can I make sure that any workflow
executed through outlook inbox has successfully completed and transferred to
ERP system. What may be causing this problem?

Thank you,

Best regards,

Melih