System performace Vs No.Of work items

Sharath K ksharath77 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 18 20:58:33 EST 2009

Hi All, I was trying to test the system performance with 1500 work items.
we have workflow that parks invoice with header details(FV60 in Task-1 and sends the invoice document number to step-2 to enter line item details(tcode FBV2, BOR-FIPP).

This is going smooth with less number of open work items in inbox(around 500 work items)..But when I created 1500 work items..step-2 is having issues in pulling the document..It says Invoice document is not existing in the system. In transaction SM13(database update request) update query is still in running staus. Document is not updated to the database. Once the update job is completed, Workflow step-2 is working fine.

Is 1500 open workitems are killing the performace?   Going forward the client is expecting around 4000 work items a day..

Do any one of you had similar performance issues before? Appreciate any help..

Thanks in advance.