Table SWWCNTP0 size 14 Million records

Neumann, Marcia Marcia_Neumann at CINFIN.com
Fri Aug 28 13:52:12 EDT 2009

Adam,

We began our workflow archiving out of necessity when our SWWCNTP0
reached over 89 million rows.  We currently maintain 10-11 million in
the table.  However next week that should drop significantly as we are
reducing the required aging of our most used workflow from 3 months to 1
week aging.  Although we use SAP Archive administration transaction SARA
for archive object WORKITEM to write the archive file and then delete
the rows from the database using the archive file, we don't store the
archive files for future reference as the workflow data is no longer
needed.   Only completed workflows are eligible for archiving.  We have
our workflows archived/deleted using 3 different aging variants, 1 week,
3 month and 6 month.  Each aging variant runs on a different night each
week and then the deletion from the database is done for all archive
files on Saturday.  We schedule RSARCHD for object WORKITEM to
automatically do the deletions.

When we started the workflow archiving we had a total of 660,000,000
rows in the tables in archiving object WORKITEM.  Now we maintain about
75,000,000 and are looking for a dramatic drop in that when we start the
one week aging of our most used workflows next week.

I hope this gives another option to think about.

Marcia Neumann
IT Claims/CSU Development & Support
Ext 4461