Business Addin WF_SUBSTITUTE and UWL

Simon, Tom Simon.Tom at aoins.com
Thu Aug 27 08:43:58 EDT 2009

I am testing this business addin to limit the profiles and users that
can be used as a substitute in the UWL.  The Business Addin gets called
from the following three function modules: SAP_WAPI_SUBSTITUTE_MAINTAIN,
SAP_WAPI_SUBSTITUTE_DELETE,SAP_WAPI_SUBSTITUTE_PROF_GET.
In the UWL you are not able eliminate the "ALL Task" profile and when
SAP_WAPI_SUBSTITUTE_MAINTAIN is called it calls the business addin
interface executes the code in MAINTAIN_SUBSTITUTE. It does not create
the error message in the UWL and the substitute gets added to the table.
Under other profiles selected in the UWL a system error is created which
is not user friendly.  It states"An internal error returned by provider"
then further down the actual message is returned but you would have a
hardtime identitfying it.  When the delete module is called the business
addin does not stop the user from deleting the substitution.  The error
message is not acknowledged in the UWL.  I opened an OSS note and SAP
replied that my description of the above behavior of the business addin
wf_substitute is standard.  Has anyone else experienced this type of
behavior in the UWL using the business addin WF_SUBSTITUTE.

Thank you

Tom Simon