Are Start Forms Recommended for Triggering Workflows?

Viera, Miguel VieraM at dhcmc.com
Tue Aug 25 15:25:13 EDT 2009

WF Experts,

I have recently been researching using a Start Form to trigger a new workflow for a non-standard process.  I noticed a transaction is auto magically created (Ex. ztf_ws903000100001) with the help of the wizard when creating the start form.  Sounds like a video game doesn't it.  Perhaps the Legend of Zelda : )

Does anyone have any support pack or upgrade concerns with using start forms?  Words of caution?

Thanks in advance for your insight and expertise,

Miguel R. Viera
Deere-Hitachi C.M.C
SAP Business Analyst for FI-CO & SD Modules
Workflow Admin. & Winshuttle Template Designer
Phone: (336) 992-5759