Extended notification links suddenly stop working

Mike Pokraka wug at workflowconnections.com
Wed Aug 12 07:49:14 EDT 2009

G'Day Wuggers,

Curious problem here: We use URL links in the extended notification mails
to log on and view SBWP from emails. This has been working fine, but
suddenly stopped working in all systems.

I traced it back to something to do with shortcuts: A shortcut created
from the SAPGUI frontend also no longer works. For e.g. I create a
shortcut from within SBWP and put it on the desktop.
If user is logged on, doubleclicking on the shortcut launches SBWP in a
new session. If not logged on, it asks for a user/password. When I enter
it, the password dialog box disappears and nothing else happens. No auth
problems have been found.

Oh, and we're using SAPGUI 6.40 patch level 20. Yes it's old but upgrading
is not an option and it used to work until a week ago so I assume the
problem lies elsewhere.

Input greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
Mike