Workflow upgrade form 4.6C to ECC 6.0

Trevor Ticehurst trevor_ticehurst at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 23 11:43:15 EDT 2008

Hi Chantal,I asked this exact question of SAP last year when working on the planning stages of an upgrade project. It was acknowledged that in some cases it would simply not be possible to complete all the workflows prior to an upgrade and that the recommendation should be to complete all instances where possible.

A key thing that came out of the discussion was the need for extensive testing of those workflows that will be running across the upgrade.

Would it be a nightmare? Without planning and adequate testing it certainly could be.

Best Regards,

Trevor

To: sap-wug at mit.eduSubject: Workflow upgrade form 4.6C to ECC 6.0From: cspenard at ca.ibm.comDate: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 10:55:52 -0400Hello, I have been reading about the steps required to perform workflow upgrade from 4.6C to ECC 6.0. One thing that is mentionned,  is that we should complete all workflow instances prior to the upgrade... Is this a must ?  I am asking this question because we have lots of workflows that take weeks to be completed, and I am not sure that it is feasible to have them completed before the upgrade. So I am wondering what would happen to those workflows? Would this be a nightmare ? Thanking you in advance for your time,  ________________________________Chantal SpénardDirectrice exécutive de projetsService de support applicatif - SAPServices d'affaires mondiaux IBMDelivery Project ExecutivePackage Application Services - SAPIBM Global Business Services1360, boul. René-Lévesque ouest Montréal, Québec, H3B 2V6T: 514.923.9271cspenard at ca.ibm.com