&_WF_INITIATOR& not created and shown in work item description in WS task

Dave Weston Dave.Weston at clockwork.ca
Tue Oct 7 10:09:35 EDT 2008

Hi folks,

This seems a really basic issue. I have a description in a WS task that is used to provide some info for the user in the tracking portal tab.

In the description I have the element &_WF_INITIATOR& which is not being created and is shown as:

Contractor Maintain request for employee 00092782 Red Marker requested
by _WF_INITIATOR on 2008.10.07

The workflow initiator element is shown as created correctly in the workflow log and I have the EVT_CREATOR being passed to the WF_INITIATOR element in the event binding.

Anyone else had this issue with the description on the WS task or any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks
Dave