CAT2 Approval Workflow-TS20000460

Sharath K ksharath77 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 6 21:20:23 EDT 2008

It is really strange why SAP has not provided a way to control time sheet approvals workflows(CAT2) in ECC 5.0 and other prior versions.
They came up with a BADI in ECC 6.0 to control the workflow task to be called....

I debugged the CAT2 several times and almost came to dead end..with out any soluitons...

Here is scenario:
I have a profile with 'Approval required' with workflow Task TS20000460 with automatic agent determination(There is no option 'with approval procedure for exceptions' in CATS data entry profile..)...this task should not be called if the time is not greater then 8 hours...
Even we can't have workflow Start condition as there is no start event for CAT2..there is only termination event...

I dont think this is very unique requirement ..this sounds like common requirement... I assume this lack of my knowledge in this area..
There should be a way of doing this...any ideas..guys...

thnks,
Sharath K...