Org structure maintenance

Schumacher, Margaret mschumacher at teleflexmedical.com
Tue Nov 18 16:48:10 EST 2008

Gavin,

We transport the org structure from development.  We are at release 5.0
with no HR so the orgs and positions all belong to workflow (less than
100 positons/orgs).  The User assignments are maintained on production
via PPOMW and I just ignore the warning where it wants a transport.  I
found that when changes are transported into production the assignments
got wiped out for just those positions that were transported.  The
positions/orgs are not changing that often ... my plan is to make the
produciton assignments in the "golden" source client before releasing
any changes to the org structure (so I don't have to reassign the
positions after hours when the import takes place).  When testing in
other clients on development I use SCC1 to copy the Org changes and have
found that if the assigned userid doesn't exist in the destination
client then it is not copied over.

Regards

Margaret Schumacher

Teleflex