weird LASTAGENT bug in 46C?

Paul.Bakker@osr.treasury.qld.gov.au Paul.Bakker at osr.treasury.qld.gov.au
Sun Nov 9 16:49:16 EST 2008

Folks,

My problem has been resolved.. It seems the problem was not with
&LASTAGENT&, but with the workflow step that I created (based on the method
SELFITEM.DISPLAY).

I had set up this step to detemine the agent via the 'expression'
&LASTAGENT&.

For some bizarre reason, this step became fixated on trying to interpret
&LASTAGENT& as a rule (or 'role'), which led to the wacky WL 470 error
message.

The solution was to simply delete the step and create it again. Works fine.

The first real bug I've found in the workflow editor!

cheers
Paul

             Paul.Bakker at osr.t
             reasury.qld.gov.a
             u                                                          To
             Sent by:                  SAP-WUG at mit.edu
             sap-wug-bounces at m                                          cc
             it.edu
                                                                   Subject
                                       weird LASTAGENT bug in 46C?
             05/11/2008 09:26
             AM

             Please respond to
               "SAP Workflow
               Users' Group"
             <sap-wug at mit.edu>

Folks,

I am developing in 46C, and I've noticed a strange bug.

My workflow is very simple:
- decision task
- if x is true, send a followup workitem to the actual agent of the
decision task

To do this, I bind the 'actual agent' of the decision workitem back to the
element 'LASTAGENT'
in the workflow container.

The agent for the followup workitem is then defined as the expression
'&LASTAGENT&'.

Very simple, no? But the followup workitem is created with NO repsonsible
agents,
and I can see a yellow light in the technical log with the following
message:

"Workflow <XYZ> no. 000007782138 activity 0000000120 role '&LASTAGENT&': No
agent found (WL 470)"

>From the error message, it seems to be trying to interpret &LASTAGENT& as
role!?

I'm sure I've used this LASTAGENT technique a million times before with no
issues.
Is it a known 46C bug?

I can't find anything about it in OSS.

thanks
Paul B

******************************************************************************************************************************************************

Only an individual or entity who is intended to be a recipient of this
e-mail may access or use the information contained in this e-mail or any of
its attachments.  Opinions contained in this e-mail or any of its
attachments do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Queensland Treasury.

The contents of this e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may be
legally privileged and the subject of copyright.  If you have received this
e-mail in error, please notify Queensland Treasury immediately and erase
all copies of the e-mail and the attachments.  Queensland Treasury uses
virus scanning software.  However, it is not liable for viruses present in
this e-mail or in any attachment.