ECC 6 - New SWWWIDH fields including 'Status'

Mike Gambier madgambler at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 5 11:42:28 EST 2008

Hi,

Thanks to Ralf (Goetzinger) and Peter (Amrhein) at SAP we now have an OSS Note 1262519 with a bit more flesh on the bones of the new deadline stuff, and guess what? there's a shiny new SAP Transaction to play with :)

SWF_ADM_SWWWIDH - 'Suspended Deadline Actions' - lists and enables reprocessing of SWWWIDH entries in status '02'
The Transaction has a 'Reactivate Entry' feature (think 'reprocess') but no 'Ignore' feature, presumably on the assumption that the SWWWIDH entry is only temporary and will be archived/deleted eventually. I can imagine someone asking for a few more statuses and user commands...

The definition of a 'suspended deadline' is also in the note:

A deadline action receives the status 'suspended' if the batch job SWWDHEX tried and failed five times to execute the deadline action, and the execution could not be completed due to an exception. Temporary errors such as enqueue errors are not counted towards this limit.

Regards,

Mike GT

Subject: RE: ECC 6 - New SWWWIDH fields including 'Status'Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 10:56:44 -0400From: mschumacher at teleflexmedical.comTo: sap-wug at mit.edu

I've got 4 entries with status 2 in production.  So it appears to be something else we need to be checking periodically.

Two of the entries ( 861554 & 1281124) show that the WF has status Completed but the tasks have In-Process status
The tasks still open had reached the deadline End By. (requested end)
The first warning message on the wf log is

Cancel Work Item -  Work item 000000861559 locked: Marked for cancellation later

then the log has group of 2 messages listed 5 times (20 minutes apart) that say:
Set WIs to Obsolete or Cancel - Work items locked: Marked as Set to obsolete or CancelCleanup Started

then a final message of:

Callback of work item 000001309482 already executed

I've just executed a manual complete on the tasks and it does complete them.
The logs get warning messages:

Result Processing  - Temporary error in result processing of work item 000001309482  FINALIZE - Return message from work item 000001309482 within a closed component

And the entries in the SWWWIDH as status 02 are no longer present.

This is leaving one In Process workflow (1050294) listed twice in SWWWIDH  one has DE Requested End and the other is LE Latest End on the SWWWIDH entries.

The log for this workflow has no warning messages like the others.  It's for a Quality Notification that is still open so I'm not going to touch this one.  I'll have to look for those OSS notes to see what they say if anything.  It appears the task is showing up in the users inbox to continue execution so time will tell.  Thanks for asking the question or I would never have completed the other 2 tasks.

Our SAP_BASIS and SAP_ABA release is 640 and SAP_APPL is 500

Regards

Margaret Schumacher

From: Mike Gambier [mailto:madgambler at hotmail.com] Sent: Tuesday, October 21, 2008 9:03 AMTo: SAP Workflow Users' GroupSubject: RE: ECC 6 - New SWWWIDH fields including 'Status'
Hi all, The official word from SAP on these new SWWWIDH fields will be published as an OSS Note in a few weeks time, so I'm told. As soon as I find anything out I'll pass on the details. I'm still curious as to whether anyone else can find SWWWIDH-STATUS values of '2' in their systems yet? On a slightly different note I've spotted a slight issue with the new Technical Log, specifically the 'Chronological' view, which is trying to select from SWWWIHEAD using a new field called TOP_NODE_ID via a new index SWWWIHEAD~D. In our 4.6c=>ECC 6 test environments the view will just hang (presumably ending in a timeout) because all our 'old' Workflows have a blank value in this field since it was added by the upgrade and not updated during migration or the upgrade process. Interestingly the 'Tree' view works just fine. The code at fault appears to be this Class Method:CL_SWL_PROCESS_LOG->SELECT_CHRONOLOGIC...* new codingIF me->read_from_buffer( ) = ga_true.  ...ELSE.  IF pa_old_logic = ga_true.    ...   ELSE.      SELECT * INTO TABLE at_swwwihead      <======     FROM swwwihead                                 <======     WHERE top_wi_id = pa_swwwihead-wi_id. <======    ...  ENDIF.ENDIF.* end of note 1049570On the plus side the new TOP_NODE_ID field is a nice top-down link from Parent entries to Children that should do away with a lot of that recursive searching using the 'old' WI_CHKWI field :) Regards, Mike GT

From: madgambler at hotmail.comTo: sap-wug at mit.eduSubject: ECC 6 - New SWWWIDH fields including 'Status'Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 14:17:30 +0000

Hello fellow WUGgers, As part of our upgrade testing we've spotted a few new fields on the Workflow Deadlines table SWWWIDH that have crept in without any explanation or warning:
WI_TIMESTAMP      SWW_TSTAMP  DEC   21    7     Workflow: UTC Time Stamp
TIMESTAMP         TIMESTAMPL  DEC   21    7     UTC Time Stamp in Long Form (YYYYMMDDhhmmssmmmuuun)
RETRY_CNT         SWW_RETCNT  NUMC  2     0     Retries for Work Items with Temporary Errors
ALERT_SEND        SWW_ALTSND  CHAR  1     0     Workflow: Alert Sent
RNDNUMBER         SWF_RNDNUM  NUMC  2     0     Workflow: Random Number
STATUS            SWW_DEASTA  NUMC  2     0     Workflow: Status of SWWWIDH Entry The one that caught my eye was the new 'Status' field, which currently has two possible values 1 (Active) and 2 (Error). During some of our test we've noticed the odd '2' value creeping in which seems to mark the deadline for death so that it is completely ignored by the SWWDHEX job. Has anyone got any info on what these new fields are used for? The 'Random Number' field is also a bit curious. I haven't trawled through SAP's ABAP Classes yet to find out what it's for but it strikes me as some kind of load-balancing or performance tweak, possibly for parallel streaming. If anyone knows otherwise can they share their knowledge please? :) Regards, Mike GT

Win £3000 to spend on whatever you want at Uni! Click here to WIN!

For the best free wallpapers from MSN Click here!