Determine Agents and substitutes for a task

C L Gordon c.l.gordon at newcastle.ac.uk
Fri May 9 06:28:44 EDT 2008

Hi All,

I'm new to this group (and workflow), but was wondering if anyone can
tell me if there's any standard functionality to determine all possible
agents for a task, or if not advise on the best way to provide this.

I have a bespoke Expense Approval workflow sending reminder emails via a
send mail step.
The agent for the task is determined programmatically within the
workflow, held in a container defined as the agent against the task.
There's also an excluded agent (the employee whose expense claim is
being processed)!

The requirement is for the reminder mail to be sent to the agent as
currently, and the same mail to go to all personal substitutes of the
agent, but no mail for any excluded agents of the task.

I've found substitutions are maintained in table HRUS_D2, and this table
is interrogated when a user logs on to determine their worklist. I've
also found FM SAP_WAPI_SUBSTITUTES_GET which accepts an Agent and
returns all entries from HRUS-D2.

My thoughts so far are to write a wrapper round SAP_WAPI_SUBSTITUTES_GET
which will handle the appropriate profiles, substitution validity
periods, active flag etc. then to incorporate this FM in a method for
use in the WF.

Would this be a sensible approach, any advice would be appreciated,

Thanks
Carol