Shopping Cart WF Dialog Step Progamming Exit Not Executing

Paul Borriello pborriello at pabconsulting.com
Mon Mar 10 11:54:59 EDT 2008

Hi All:

Here is an interesting SRM WF issue that we just encountered at a client:

For workflow template ReqApprov1st (WS10000129) - One Step approval of shopping cart, steps 092 and 095 are Ad Hoc Anchors, to add approval fragment WS10000271. We created a custom version of the One Step approval workflow and added a step programming exit, in step 023, of Added Approval of WS10000271. Our problem is when adding a new approver on SRM, the workflow log shows that dialog work item was created for Added Approval step, but the approval fragment programming exit was never executed. When we trigger the approval fragment workflow via SWUS, the programming exit is executed successfully. In this case, “Added Approver workflow started” was shown in the workflow log while it was missing for the former case when it was embedded in One Step approval workflow.

Also, the dialog step programming exits that were added for both the standard SRM approval and review steps are executing correctly.

Can anyone advise us on why the approval fragment approval dialog step programming exit does not execute?

Thanks in advance for your replies and have a great day.

Regards,
Paul Borriello