Event parameters missing

Gavin Mooney gavinmooney at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 13:09:15 EST 2008

Hello all,

We have a strange problem here. We have a custom program that raises
an event for a custom ABAP object and fills the 3 parameters defined
on the event. We are also using the event queue. In some cases the
events are raised and delivered fine, but in others the events aren't
delivered because the 3 event parameters are missing and on the task
that is triggered by the event 2 of them are mandatory.

The event trace shows the error message SWF_RUN 594 "Import container
contains errors (are any obligatory elements missing?)" and in SWEQADM
we can see that for the events with error the 3 parameters are indeed
missing. (The standard stuff like time/date, object type, etc is all
there.

The program uses method CL_SWF_EVT_EVENT=>get_event_container to get
the event container and then the IF_SWF_IFS_PARAMETER_CONTAINER=>set
method to set the values.

The strange thing is that this only happens in our Production system,
in QA there are no errors, even with similar volumes.

We're on WAS 700 SP 9.

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Gavin