ECC 6.0 Upgrade - Processing work items from old environment

Zack P sapedi2000 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 5 17:54:35 EST 2008

Hi James, We did fix the workflow templates and while
doing so created new versions. My question has to do
with what happens to the pre-upgrade work items for
these WF templates when we go live with ECC 6.0.

I see the following in an ASUG presentation on
preparing for ECC 6.0 upgrade "Before the upgrade -
Comlete all running workflow instances". This would
solve the problem but I am not sure that this will be
possible at all times/at all clients (specially if
there is a huge volume of active workflows).

One solution could be to do a direct update to table
SWP_HEADER to change the version to point to the most
current, but that will probably be the last option.

Regards,
Zack