Is WF Logical destination required

Florin Wach (gmx) florin.wach at gmx.net
Sat Jun 28 15:49:46 EDT 2008

Hello Alon,

I once had a problem with the event linkage, so I went through the class implementation of that cl_swf_event (or however that exactly name was). The statement that I found there was pretty clear that a logical RFC destination was required (though I didn't look for that "synchronous-delivery"-Option, Mark was talking about), i.e.  CALL FUNCTION '...' DESTINATION wf STARTING NEW TASK.  Which basically creates that tRFC. This way is also required to switch the user ID to the WF-BATCH, which is a must, if you don't want to grant users authorizations that are reserved for background tasks (depending on what the implementation is, of course).
So I'd say that: The logical destination /is/ required +  I don't see a benefit, if you don't have it, so I wouldn't put any effort in solving a problem, that just isn't there :-)

Best wishes,
Florin