How to trigger an event when document is received in SAP Archive link

Ibrahim Khan ikhansap at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 12:05:56 EDT 2008

Hi Friends,
  I am working on a invoice approval workflow wher in the workflow should
trigger only when supporting  document is received in SAP Archive link. But
no standard event is triggered when the document is received in file net.
But the table TOA01 is getting updated. Is there any way to trigger any
event when the document is recieved or can we use any change document
concept to achieve this. Please give me suggestions.

*Document Flow:*
) User enters invoice or trip on portal
2) When the user is ready to submit that will save item as complete
3) A cover sheet including a bar code linked to the SAP document is created.
When the cover sheet is created a record is inserted into the ArchiveLink
Internal bar code table (BDS_BAR_IN). You can view entries in the table
using transaction OAM1 and clicking on the Internal bar code table.
4) The user will fax their cover sheet and supporting documents into FileNet
5) FileNet reads the bar code on the cover sheet and sends the bar code
number and FileNet document link to SAP ArchiveLink
6) SAP ArchiveLink checks for a bar code match in the internal table. If a
match is found a record for the SAP document and FileNet document link is
made in table TOA01. If the bar code is not in the internal table then an
entry is made in the external bar code table for a person to review.

At the point where the match is found in the internal bar code table is when
the workflow should trigger.

Reagards,
Ikhan