SY-BINPT in the background task

Kim, Ji Hoon ji.hoon.kim at sap.com
Thu Jun 19 09:01:42 EDT 2008

Hello experts,

I'm creating a standard task (BACKGROUND) which calls ME12 transaction
as BATCH INPUT (BDC).
When I test it in a dailog mode in SWO1 it works fine.
However, when I put it in the workflow template as background task. It
generates a ABAP DUMP.

According to ABAP dump the system variable SY-BINPT is set to  "
"(blank) . And it processes an additional screen which was not recorded.
This is the root cause of the problem, I think.

When I debug it in the SWO1, the value of SY-BINPT  has value  "X" .
(The additional screen is not appeared).

Can anyone provide any hint for further analysis?

Thanks