Extended Notification Languages

Florin Wach florin.wach at gmx.net
Thu Jun 5 06:19:31 EDT 2008

Hi Mike,

just to give you a short feedback of what I have experienced with the workitem languages, as I was having a related problem:

I have container elements (i.e. "Description") that need to be in the mail-Lanugage (not the log-on language) when the mail-(body)-text is composed for the notification (regardless of the SWN_... or the RSWUWFML2).

So I spottet the very function module that creates the texts (both header & body):
SWU_GET_TASK_TEXTLINES

Via enhancement points (begin + end) I have added:
(begin)
   EXPORT __WI_LANGUAGE = language TO MEMORY ID '__WI_LANGUAGE'.
(end)
   DELETE FROM MEMORY ID '__WI_LANGUAGE'.

And the (virtual) attributes, here actually it's an OO-attribute, which is created at the constructor, I pick up this language and create/return the text as it is required:

method TRANSLATE.

*  Check, if we have to overwrite the language key, as it was requested
*  from the workitem text creation scenario

      DATA: l_wi_language       TYPE sy-langu.
      IMPORT __WI_LANGUAGE = l_wi_language FROM MEMORY ID '__WI_LANGUAGE'.
      IF sy-subrc = 0 AND NOT l_wi_language IS INITIAL.
         i_langu = l_wi_language. "Overwrite any setting
      ENDIF.
   ENDIF.

   IF NOT i_dtel IS INITIAL.
      e_translation = translate_dataElement( i_langu = i_langu
                                             i_dtel  = i_dtel
                                             i_text  = i_text ).
   ENDIF.

Don't know if that could be of /any/ help.

Take care,
   Florin

-------- Original-Nachricht --------