Extended Notification Languages

Mike Pokraka wug at workflowconnections.com
Tue Jun 3 09:42:52 EDT 2008

G'Day folks,

I'm using Extended Notifications in a multi-language environment on NW 7.0
SP11, and it appears to just get horribly confused when more than one
language is involved.

We want to send one notification per workitem, containing the workitem
text, in the recipient language.

I've set the following (and tried all kinds of combinations):

Job language for SWN_SELSEN: English
Work item language: English as per WF-BATCH or previous user language.
(can this be set in the WF builder?)
User logon language: French
User communication language: French
User "Workitems in logon language" switched on
HR master record language: French

Result:
Extended notification header/footer: English
Workitem text: French
Decision links: French
Work item/UWL links: English

What is even more bizarre is that I've set this all up from scratch on a
TestDrive system (SP12) and gotten the opposite results with a German
user:
Extended notification header/footer: German
Workitem text: German subject, English body
Decision links: not tested
Work item/UWL links: English

I've spent two days experimenting with various combinaitons of these to
get a complete notification all in the same language. The only way is if
everything is in another language - i.e. the WI is created by a French
user, sent to a French user, SWN_SELSEN runs as a French user.

Anyone had to deal with this before?

Cheers,
Mike