Help: How to get workItem ID for a workflow step with foreground task before Method execution

Deepali Margaj deepalimargaj at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 23:54:12 EDT 2008

 Hi Experts,
     We have a requirement to get workitem ID for a Foreground task in a
workflow. I have written code which uses FM SWO_QUERY_REQUESTER to return
the workItem ID and update it to custom table. I have placed this code in
the object method call (used by task) and it returns workitem ID correctly
only if work Item execution is started. However requirement is to get the
workItem ID as soon as WorkItem is created and we don't want to execute the
workItem before receiving the ID in a custom table. Could anybody suggest
the proper place to write this code .
      Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Deepali