Release Strategy issues in 4.6c

Sample, Rick Rick.Sample at graybar.com
Wed Jul 2 10:59:57 EDT 2008

Hi Florin,

Sounds plausible and I planned to extend the object after I figured out
the buffering issue(s).
To recap:
1. The standard BOR bus2012 swc_get_property self 'RELEASESTATUS'
l_status gets buffered data. Not the current data I need when I need it.
2. I run the SELECT... right after the swc_get_property as a test,
without a few seconds wait and still not the current data I need.
3. If I do #2 with WAIT UP TO 3 SECONDS, I do get the most recent data.

Now, what you are saying is if I extend the attribute, make virtual, and
use SELECT ..., I can bypass the WAIT?
What is the difference between getting from BOR DATABASE attribute vs. a
SELECT in the method? The BOR bypassing the buffers?

Rick