SAP-WUG Digest, Vol 38, Issue 76

Carmen Cheung carmen.cheung at roc-group.com
Thu Jan 31 04:48:52 EST 2008

> Hi All,

Thanks for your replies.

I triggered the workflow using the PERSDATA.CREATED event, as only one event
was published in the system. To ensure that an employee was hired, the first
step of the workflow was a wait step for BUS1065.HIRED.

Carmen

> Message: 1
> Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 21:49:51 -0000
> From: "Carmen Cheung" <carmen.cheung at roc-group.com>
> Subject: BUS1065 HIRED Event
> To: <sap-wug at mit.edu>
>
> Hi All,
>

> I'm creating a notification workflow for when a new employee is hired
> (PA40)
> in R/3 4.7, using triggering event HIRED for BUS1065.
>

> The actual workflow is going fine, but the triggering event is being
> published twice in the system. I have tried to use the function module
> SAP_WAPI_WORKITEMS_TO_OBJECT to check if a workflow is already active and
> ensure the workflow is only triggered once, but to no avail.
>

> I have also tried triggering my own event to a delegate object and entered
> the configuration in SWEHR3. This also published duplicate events.
>

> Is there anyway to stop the duplicate event being triggered?
>

> Really appreciate any ideas.
>

> Many thanks,
>

> Carmen
>

> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 16:12:00 -0800 (PST)
> From: <kaukabr at yahoo.com>
> Subject: Re: BUS1065 HIRED Event
> To: "SAP Workflow Users' Group" <sap-wug at mit.edu>
>
> Dear Carmen:
> I got the same problem, but now I triggered the new
> hire workflow on the basis of PERSDATA object. So when
> ever the personal data get created and save; only one
> triggering event will trigger.
> Try this option I hope it will help you.
> Aziz.
>
> --- Carmen Cheung <carmen.cheung at roc-group.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
> >

> > I'm creating a notification workflow for when a new
> > employee is hired (PA40)
> > in R/3 4.7, using triggering event HIRED for
> > BUS1065.
> >

> > The actual workflow is going fine, but the
> > triggering event is being
> > published twice in the system. I have tried to use
> > the function module
> > SAP_WAPI_WORKITEMS_TO_OBJECT to check if a workflow
> > is already active and
> > ensure the workflow is only triggered once, but to
> > no avail.
> >

> > I have also tried triggering my own event to a
> > delegate object and entered
> > the configuration in SWEHR3. This also published
> > duplicate events.
> >

> > Is there anyway to stop the duplicate event being
> > triggered?
> >

> > Really appreciate any ideas.
> >

> > Many thanks,
> >

> > Carmen

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 3
> Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 11:40:54 +1100
> From: "Cristiana D'Agosto" <cristiana.dagosto at au1.ibm.com>
> Subject: Re: BUS1065 HIRED Event
> To: "SAP Workflow Users' Group" <sap-wug at mit.edu>
> OF6B880E18.AA61A801-ONCA2573DF.00811DC4-CA2573E0.0003BFE5 at au1.ibm.com>

> [...]

Carmen Cheung
roc
abbey house
wellington way
weybridge
surrey
kt13 0tt

phone:  +44 (0) 8702 414349
mbl:      +44 (0) 7887 842 812
fax:       +44 (0) 8702 415824
e-mail: carmen.cheung at roc-group.com
web: www.roc-group.com

on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. When addressed to our clients any
opinions or advice contained in this email are subject to the ROC standard
terms and conditions.