Limit the number of WI in inbox

Mike Pokraka asap at workflowconnections.com
Sat Jan 26 13:23:00 EST 2008

The only problem I've experienced is that over 32,000-odd items the item
count shown in the folder tree becomes corrupt. However if you have that
many items I think there are other more important issues to contend with. I
think the same may apply in your scenario: if users have 2000 items pending
then it may be time to review the way you're using workflow.

You can always use the 'grouped by' views to filter WIs by task or
otherwise.

Performance issues are related to the overall amount of open items, not just
a single user. In other words, of there are 50,000,000 workitems in a ready
status, then the user with 10 items in their inbox will have almost as bas a
response time as the user with 2000.

Cheers,

Mike