Workflow Configuration - no custom expressions as recipients fordeadlines?

Kjetil Kilhavn kjetil.kilhavn at bluec.no
Thu Jan 24 11:31:28 EST 2008

In turned out that in this case the SDN community solved the case real quick.
Many thanks to Martin Noteboom, I give you his answer here for information:
>I had a look at this and it seems when you select something through the
>drop down it is not selected. On the control tab on the other hand it
>works. When I select the appropriate expression there I can copy to the
>latest start deadline. It seems to hold then.
>
>To me it looks like a bug in the system.

While verifying his solution I discovered another bug! Here's my closing
message from SDN:
>I just verified that, in fact the only problem is with the Latest Start
>expression! But luckily I can paste the expression as you say (just
>discovered that and will close the question as solved).
>
>I also discovered another bug while verifying what the problem is.
>When starting the SWDD_CONFIG transaction directly as opposed to going
>there from the workflow builder, it opened for a different workflow
>template. So I used the "Other object" button to change to the workflow
>template I wanted to define a configuration for. The workflow displayed
>changes, but the title line of the window does not change. I could live
>with that referencing the other workflow, but that's just a visible
>symptom. The real problem is that the container definition is not
>re-read, so when trying to assign an agent it was actually the container
>elements from the first workflow template that were available. Nasty!
>
>Edited by: Kjetil Kilhavn on Jan 24, 2008 5:17 PM:
>I am creating low-priority customer messages for both of these, so at
>least SAP has a chance to correct the errors. There is no outside access
>to the system I work in, so they won't get a chance to verify - but that
>shouldn't stop them from checking if the problems exist in their own
>system with the latest support packages applied. Keep your fingers
>crossed :-)

P Think before you send a footer/disclaimer of 10+ lines ;-)

On Thursday 24 January 2008 14:18, Hill, Anna wrote:
> Hi Kjetil
>
> I haven't used the configuration functionality on a project yet, but I
> have used the deadline functionality in extended notifications. This
> would only be helpful to you if you want the reminder to go to the
> original agent of the step, as it simply re-sends the email notification
> to the original recipient. Something I thought worth highlighting if you
> weren't already aware.
>
> Regards
> Anna
>
> Anna Hill