Workflow Configuration - no custom expressions as recipients for deadlines?

Kjetil Kilhavn kjetil.kilhavn at bluec.no
Thu Jan 24 06:55:43 EST 2008

Hi, long time no see for those of you who have been around for a while.

I am not sure whether it is a good idea to cross-post to SDN or not... but I
am trying in this case - so we can get some more money for food out of SAP if
anyone has something to contribute.
https://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?threadID=715814&tstart=0

The system I work in is an ECC 6.0 system (support package SAPKB70012).

I would like to use SAP's standard workflow for purchase order approval,
WS20000075, but a reminder must be sent after 7 days if the release has not
taken place yet.

That should not be a problem I thought, because according to SAP's
documentation available at help.sap.com
(http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/92/bc26a6ec2b11d2b4b5006094b9ea0d/frameset.htm),
one can activate latest start (and other deadlines) with the reaction Send
mail (equivalent to "Display text" in the workflow step definition).

However, no matter what tricks I try, I am not able to configure my recipient.
I want to send the message to PurchaseOrder.Responsible.NameWithLeadingUS,
but the only expression the configuration will accept is WorkflowInitiator.
It is very frustrating to be this close to using SAP standard and ending up
creating a workflow template copy.

Has anyone successfully used Workflow Configuration to enable a deadline with
some other expression, not WorkflowInitiator, in a SAP standard workflow
which does not have deadline monitoring?

Another thing that surprised me a bit was that I couldn't create a
configuration without transport. Not that that's a problem, but I thought one
major idea for the configuration was to give me the possibility to have one
deadline limit during testing and another in production. The documentation
also says the configuration is client-dependent. I suppose I will have to
request that the systems are opened for modification for this too (that is,
in addition to opening them for definition of release strategies).
--
Kjetil Kilhavn (+47 40220607)
Blue Consulting AS (http://www.bluec.no/)