Connections between Workflow definition tables (HRS1*)

Kjetil Kilhavn kjetil.kilhavn at bluec.no
Fri Feb 15 03:13:10 EST 2008

On Thursday 14 February 2008 15:12, baerbel.winkler at carestreamhealth.com
wrote:
> I'm relatively new to Workflow and would like to be able to check out
> workflow information as stored on tables like HRS1201 and HRS1205 instead
> of always having to search around via transaction SWDD (having worked in
> other SAP-areas like ABAP-development, I'm much more familiar with this
> than the visual approach) . I've tried to find out how these tables are
> interconnected, but haven't for example found out where there is a link
> from Workflow-definition to the standard tasks included (I'm just guessing
> that it has to be stored on some table or other!).
I recommend you try getting accustomed to using the screwdriver as a
screwdriver, and not as a hammer. It may be a little frustrating at first,
but before long it will give better results.
I don't know in which table the workflow definition is stored, but I've only
worked with ABAP and Business Workflow for eight years so perhaps someone
with more experience has bothered to find out.

Not sure why you use SWDD, but perhaps that's what you need. You're not saying
why you "search around". In general I would recommend using either SE81 or
SWDM if you need to search for a workflow.

> I'm also thinking about writing a small local program to query the
> available information once I know how its interconnected. This might come
> in handy for all kinds of searches (on WF-title, on task-title....). Or
> does something like this already exist and I don't have to do that?
There's always transaction SE16 ... :-)
Look at table SWWIHEAD, it may give you what you want with respect to this.
--
Kjetil Kilhavn (+47 40220607)
Blue Consulting AS (http://www.bluec.no/)