Workflow for debit memos

david.s.dittmer@accenture.com david.s.dittmer at accenture.com
Sun Feb 10 21:09:29 EST 2008

Hello Workflow experts,

I have developed a workflow to send a workflow message after a debit
memo is created by an incoming IDOC. I need the debit memo number and
customer name but the message being sent contains the placeholders
inserted into the task expression. I am using object type BUS2096 and
event CREATE. When checking the container contents APPL_OBJECT is empty
and debit memo number is not passed. I am not sure how  to get
APPL_OBJECT populated. When I checked the sales order incoming message
an event has a parameter APPL_OBJECT but object type BUS2096 does not
have parameters corresponding to this.

Please advise how do I get APPL_OBJECT populated. Do I have to design a
sub-type of BUS2096 with an customized event with a parameter
APPL_OBJECT or is there another way?.

Thanks

David.S.Dittmer