Solution Manager - Workflow for Document Management

Gavin Mooney gavinmooney at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 16:02:07 EST 2008

Cristiana,

For approvals and authorisations in Solution Manager you should use
the status of the document and digital signatures. There is a standard
"workflow" in which you can configure the sequence of statuses and the
profiles of which users can put the document in each status. This
isn't a workflow like we all know and love, it's more of a status
schema, but that's what the Solution Manager folks call it anyway.

The SPRO path to configure the document statuses is:
SAP Solution Manager > Configuration > Scenario-specific
configurations > Scenario independent configuration > Document
management > Document status

and

Scenario independent configuration > Digital signature > Signature strategy.

You should be able to work things out from the SPRO documentation.

I know you can customise the system to send emails automatically when
service calls are attributed to users, but I don't know if this is
possible for document status changes.

Regards,
Gavin